This course is not available to domestic students.
The ICT50115 – Diploma of Information Technology is a nationally recognised qualification that provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to administer and manage information and communications technology (ICT) support in small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) using a wide range of general ICT technologies.
Persons working at this level provide a broader rather than specialised ICT support function, applying a wide range of higher level technical skills in ICT areas such as networking, IT support, database development, programming and web development.
|CRICOS Course Code:||095464D|
|Duration:||52 Weeks(1 year) incl. Holidays|
|Course Material Fees||AU$450|
|Location||51 Elizabeth Street,|
|Melbourne VIC 3000|
Course Structure - Units
To achieve this qualification, the learner must demonstrate competency in 20 units of competency. Successful participants will be issued with a Certificate by Ultimate Institute of Australia (UIA), RTO ID: 41544; CRICOS ID: 03115G.
The qualification comprises of:
- Core units = 4
- Elective units = 16
|BSBSUS501||Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability|
|BSBWHS501||Ensure a safe workplace|
|ICTICT509||Gather data to identify business requirements|
|ICTICT511||Match ICT needs with the strategic direction|
|of the enterprise|
|BSBADM506||Manage business document design and development|
|BSBPMG522||Undertake project work|
|ICTTEN514||Install, configure and test a server|
|ICTICT501||Research and review hardware technology options for organisations|
|ICTICT507||Select new technology models for business|
|ICTPMG501||Manage ICT projects|
|ICTSAD506||Produce a feasibility report|
|ICTSAS505||Review and update disaster recovery and contingency plans|
|ICTSAS506||Update ICT system operational procedures|
|ICTWEB501||Build a dynamic website|
|ICTWEB505||Develop complex web page layouts|
|ICTWEB506||Develop complex cascading style sheets|
|ICTWEB503||Create web-based programs|
|ICTWEB504||Build a document using extensible markup language|
Satisfactory completion of an equivalent Australian Year 12 or Certificate IV or higher
Domestic learners under 18 years of age at the time of enrolment need to provide evidence of parental or guardian consent.
Additional entry requirements for International learners:
Learners must be 18 years of age or older.
English Language Requirements
If one of the following applies, you do not need to provide evidence of an English test score with your application:
- you have completed at least five years’ study in one or more of the following countries: Australia, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland
- you are a citizen and hold a passport from UK, USA, Canada, NZ or Republic of Ireland
- in the two years before applying for the learner visa, you completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV or higher level, while you held a learner visa.
Learners who do not satisfy one of the above criteria and wish to apply to study a VET course, must provide evidence of one of the following:
- IELTS General test score of 5.5 (or equivalent*) for direct entry into the course
- IELTS General score of 5.0 (or equivalent*) with evidence of enrolment in an ELICOS course of at least 10 weeks’ duration taken before the VET course
- IELTS General score of 4.5 (or equivalent*) with evidence of enrolment in an ELICOS course of at least 20 weeks’ duration taken before the VET course
- Completion of an ELICOS course exiting at the upper-intermediate level or
- Successful completion of UI’s language and numeracy test at ACSF exit Level 3 or higher
Results older than 2 years are not accepted.
*Acceptable equivalent tests are TOEFL IBT, TOEFL PBT, PTE Academic, Cambridge English Advanced (CAE)
After attaining the Diploma of Information Technology, learners may undertake the following pathways:
- ICT60515 Advanced Diploma of Computer System Technology
- ICT60115 Advanced Diploma of Information Technology
- ICT80115 Graduate Certificate in Information Technology and Strategic Management
- ICT80215 Graduate Certificate in information Technology sustainability
- ICT80415 Graduate Diploma of Telecommunication Network Engineering
- ICT80515 Graduate Diploma of Telecommunication and Strategic Management
After the successful completion of the ICT50115 – Diploma of Information Technology, there are several career pathways, which includes but not limited to:
- ICT Office Manager
- Web Developer
Orientation event is held before the start of the term. The students will be provided information their course, the requirements of attendance and assessment submissions, and the support services available to students.