This course is not available to domestic students.
The ICT40115 – Certificate IV in Information Technology is a nationally recognised qualification that provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent in a wide range of general information and communications technology (ICT) technologies and to support small to medium enterprises (SMEs) that require broader rather than more specialised ICT support.
Persons working at this level apply a wide range of knowledge and skills in basic networking, ICT support, database development, programming and web development support; working safely and ethically in a sustainable work environment.
|Duration:||52 Weeks(1 year) incl. Holidays|
|Location:||51 Elizabeth Street,|
|Melbourne VIC 3000|
*All fees are in Australian Dollars (AU$) and are subject to change, and includes a non-refundable enrolment fee of $250 and a course material fee of $450 for IT courses.
Course Structure - Units
To achieve this qualification, the learner must demonstrate competency in 8 units of competency. Successful participants will be issued with a Certificate by Ultimate Institute of Australia (UIA), RTO ID: 41544; CRICOS ID: 03115G.
The qualification comprises of:
- Core units = 5
- Elective units = 15
|BSBWHS304||Participate effectively in WHS communication and consultation processes|
|BSBSUS401||Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices|
|ICTICT202||Work and communicate effectively in an ICT environment|
|ICTICT401||Determine and confirm client business requirements|
|ICTICT418||Contribute to copyright, ethics and privacy in an ICT environment|
|BSBWOR501||Manage personal work priorities and professional development|
|ICTNWK401||Install and manage a server|
|ICTNWK408||Configure a desktop environment|
|ICTNWK409||Create scripts for networking|
|ICTNWK410||Install hardware to a network|
|ICTWEB429||Create a mark-up language document to specification|
|ICTWEB411||Produce basic client-side script for dynamic web pages|
|ICTWEB414||Design simple web page layouts|
|ICTWEB409||Develop cascading style sheets|
|ICTICT408||Create technical documentation|
|ICTWEB420||Write content for web pages|
|ICTPMG401||Support small scale ICT projects|
|ICTSAS426||Locate and troubleshoot ICT equipment, system and software faults|
|ICTNWK403||Manage network and data integrity|
|ICTSAS420||Provide first-level remote help-desk support|
Satisfactory completion of an equivalent Australian Year 11 or Certificate III or higher
Domestic learners under 18 years of age at the time of enrolment need to provide evidence of parental or guardian consent.
Additional entry requirements for International learners:
Learners must be 18 years of age or older.
English Language Requirements
If one of the following applies, you do not need to provide evidence of an English test score with your application:
- you have completed at least five years’ study in one or more of the following countries: Australia, UK, USA, Canada, New Zealand, South Africa, or the Republic of Ireland
- you are a citizen and hold a passport from UK, USA, Canada, NZ or Republic of Ireland
- in the two years before applying for the learner visa, you completed, in Australia and in the English language, either the Senior Secondary Certificate of Education or a substantial component of a course leading to a qualification from the Australian Qualifications Framework at the Certificate IV or higher level, while you held a learner visa.
Learners who do not satisfy one of the above criteria and wish to apply to study a VET course, must provide evidence of one of the following:
- IELTS General test score of 5.5 (or equivalent*) for direct entry into the course
- IELTS General score of 5.0 (or equivalent*) with evidence of enrolment in an ELICOS course of at least 10 weeks’ duration taken before the VET course
- IELTS General score of 4.5 (or equivalent*) with evidence of enrolment in an ELICOS course of at least 20 weeks’ duration taken before the VET course
- Completion of an ELICOS course exiting at the upper-intermediate level
Results older than 2 years are not accepted.
*Acceptable equivalent tests are TOEFL IBT, TOEFL PBT, PTE Academic, Cambridge English Advanced (CAE)
After attaining the Certificate IV in Information Technology, learners may undertake the following pathways:
- ICT50115 Diploma of Information Technology
- ICT60515 Advanced Diploma of Computer System Technology
- ICT60115 Advanced Diploma of Information Technology
- ICT80115 Graduate Certificate in Information Technology and Strategic Management
- ICT80215 Graduate Certificate in information Technology sustainability
- ICT80415 Graduate Diploma of Telecommunication Network Engineering
- ICT80515 Graduate Diploma of Telecommunication and Strategic Management
After the successful completion of this qualification, there are several career pathways, which includes but not limited to:
- Computer Technician
- Customer Support Professional
- Help Desk Specialist
- Network Support Technician
Orientation event is held before the start of the term. The students will be provided information their course, the requirements of attendance and assessment submissions, and the support services available to students.